The Education, Society and Learning stream will provide participants with an innovative and enriching introduction to these three key areas, encouraging students to think about the following important questions:
* What is the purpose of the education?
* Does the education system work for everyone?
* How can we develop and improve education, both in this country and internationally?
On this stream, students will have the opportunity to critically engage with a range of important and current issues on individual, local, national and international levels, including:
• Education, inequalities and social justice;
• International education and global citizenship;
• Child development;
• The psychology of learning; and
• The politics of climate change and environmental education
Whilst exploring these areas, participants will complete a collaborative project, allowing them to develop and showcase their research and presentation skills.
24 July 2023 - 28 July 2023
30 PROGRAMME PLACES
On track to meet:
Contextual Offer: A-Levels: BBB
One or more from Psychology, Sociology, Mathematics, or Biology preferred.
We would expect the stream to be of particular interest to students on Sociology, Psychology, Politics courses, or on Education/Childcare vocational qualifications (BTEC or T Levels).
Are you interested in understanding how crime is studied? Have you ever wondered how evidence is collected at a crime scene? Do you want to know ab...
The digital revolution has accelerated the amount of data generated every day to unprecedented levels. This creates an increasing need for us to de...
Medicines from the bench to the patient